Friday, February 8, 2008

High wow factor for Momotombo's new release

Aaron Michael Morales is the author of From here you can almost see the end of the desert, the newest title from Momotombo Press.

When the box of Aaron's new book arrived, I promptly grabbed a copy and read it. When I was done reading it, I raved to anyone who would listen about the amazing writing I had just encountered. Actually, I've revisited Aaron's book and I still find myself wondering about his characters.

I'm not the only one that felt this way, Luis Alberto Urrea gives Aaron's work an eloquent thumbs-up in the introduction, and there is even more praise by Helena MarĂ­a Viramontes on the back cover of this chapbook.

The book is available and on sale at Tianguis. You can swing by the store to pick it up or if you are outside our area you can order it online or by phone.

Even better, Aaron will be joining us at Tianguis, 2003 S. Damen, Chicago, for an author reading on Saturday, February 23rd @ 2 p.m. Space is limited and RSVP is not required but recommended. Its a wonderful opportunity where Aaron will personally share his stories and characters with everyone.

No comments: